Michael J. Garibaldi is the President of the Firm and is responsible for client contact, development, and satisfaction in providing the Firm’s broad range of services in accounting, tax, auditing and management consulting areas, in accordance with client needs. These responsibilities often involve working closely with attorneys, as well as the Chief Executive and Financial Officers of the client.
Michael works closely with individuals and businesses, law firms and other professional service firms, as well as clients in manufacturing, wholesale/retail, medical, artists and galleries, construction and real estate where he is responsible for providing accounting, tax planning, management consulting services, and financial reporting. He has extensive experience assisting attorneys and their clients with the financial aspects of their case throughout the process, from contemplation of action and the tax ramifications they bear through expert witness testimony. Mr. Garibaldi brings an in-depth understanding of the business and technical aspects of valuation, tax, finance and accounting that is required in complex cases. His areas of expertise include accounting, tax and consulting, forensic accounting, and the valuation of closely held businesses, professional practices, and professional licenses in the context of a marital dissolution, shareholder or partner dissolution/oppression actions, fraud, bankruptcy, equitable distribution, structuring buy/sell agreements, personal injury, wrongful death or termination, business loss, breach of contract, acquisition, sale, estate tax and estate planning, embezzlement and fraud. In addition, he has also performed damage due diligence reviews for potential real estate acquisitions.
Michael J. Garibaldi qualifies as an expert in valuation matters in the Supreme Courts of New York, Nassau, Suffolk, Kings, Queens, Richmond, Orange, Monmouth and Westchester Counties, and has been called upon by the courts to serve as a neutral expert. As an instructor of the AICPA Certificate of Achievement Program in Business Valuation, Mr. Garibaldi teaches his specialty to other professionals.
CREDENTIALS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of New York
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Recognized as a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) by the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- Member of the AICPA
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member and Past President of the NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Named Top CEO by Long Island Business News
- Named Top Accountant by The New York Enterprise Report
- Reverend Monsignor Thomas J. Hartman Humanitarian Award For Excellence in Accounting
- Graduate of Hofstra University
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting